Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunset pix galore!


I'm doing a little art project.



Each night when I am at the Golf Club at Newcastle to pipe the sun down (generally between 8:30 and 9:00 pm), I snap a pic on my camera. Over the four plus years I've been playing there I've seen some amazing sunsets, and as much as I appreciated sunsets before, I have an even greater appreciation for them now.



So, you can view the photos. Just go to http://www.camerarenter.com/ and in the "FIND YOUR PHOTOS" field, type "Neil"



You'll be able to see the pix. Lot's of them from May are pretty cloudy and gray but there are starting to be more with some beautiful red and orange color, and the one from last night (here) is especially spectacular. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to date or caption the shots, but I'll post some of the better ones here.


The reason I decided to do this is that last year I had a conversation with a woman there at Newcastle who said, commenting on the sunset, "does it always look like this up here?" My response was "no, it's completely different every night." So I decided to be able to capture as best I can, in 8 megapixels, the infinite ways the sky can look.


And as an aside, I think the view from the terrace at the Calcutta Grill at the Golf Club at Newcastle is one of the great underrated views in the whole Puget Sound area. The club is open to the public, you can have dinner, a drink, or just come up to take in the view. Directions: http://www.newcastlegolf.com/Directions.aspx?SecID=369

No comments: